Japan Society for the Promotion of Science

Program Guidelines

Rules for Responding to Misconduct and Misuse of Funds in Research Activities


As a rule, JSPS does not issue documents to certify the fellowship status of former or current Fellows.When Fellows need documentation in such cases as applying for a visa extension or proving that they were awarded a JSPS fellowship or that they received allowances from JSPS, they should use copies of their Award Letter or Certificate of Financial Support, or ask their Institutions to prepare the necessary documents.
The only exception to this rule is when Fellows require a certificate to apply for a job after the completion of their fellowship. If deemed appropriate, JSPS may issue a certificate.
To apply for a certificate, Fellows should fill out Form 11 (Application for Certificate) stating the reason they need the certificate and where it is to be sent, and email it to JSPS at least two weeks prior to the date the certificate is needed.
Forms to download

■Contact Information
Overseas Fellowship Division, International Program Department, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)

Note: Please replace*with @.