The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) has established the post “JSPS Science Advisor in São Paulo,” to go into effect on May 1st, 2015. Filling the post will be Prof. Masato Ninomiya, professor of the University of São Paulo.
Between the years 1989 and 2001, JSPS operated a liaison office in São Paulo to promote and contribute to scientific exchange between Brazil and Japan. Over recent years, Brazil and its surrounding countries have demonstrated dramatic progress in science and technology, spawning an increasingly strong need for JSPS to bolster its support for collaboration with Brazil and those countries. This recognition eventuated the posting of a JSPS Science Advisor in São Paulo.
In his capacity as JSPS’s Science Advisor, Prof. Ninomiya will be
1) collecting information on scientific trends in Brazil and its neighbouring region,
2) working to build a network between Brazilian and Japanese research-promotion agencies, research organizations and researchers, and
3) disseminating information in Brazil on JSPS’s programs and activities.
- Science Advisor
- Prof. Dr. Masato Ninomiya
- Dr. Áurea Christine Tanaka