A variety of services are provided to support the stays of JSPS fellows during and after their research tenures in Japan. These include the following:
1. For JSPS Present Fellows
- Distributing an guidebook "Life in Japan for Foreign Researchers" with useful information on living in Japan for free
- Holding an orientation for newly arriving fellows
2. For JSPS Post Fellows
- Support forming a Researcher Community (JSPS Alumni Association) and its activities
- Conducting BRIDGE Fellowship Program
3. For all JSPS Fellows
- Publication and free-distribution of the JSPS newsletter "JSPS Quarterly"
- Dissemination of information over the portal site "JSPS Fellows Plaza"
- Conducting "Japan-Affiliated Research Community Network (JARC-Net)"