About HOPE Meetings
To advance science and technology within the Asia-Pacific and Africa region, it will be necessary to foster talented young researchers having wide perspectives that transcend individual disciplines and lofty values derived from the region’s inherent cultures.
To foster such researchers, HOPE Meetings have been organized by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science since 2008. The title “HOPE” signifies the promise held for young scientists and optimism for a bright science and technology future in the Asia-Pacific and Africa region.
HOPE Meetings give opportunities for excellent doctoral students and young researchers selected from countries/areas in the region to engage in interdisciplinary discussions with Nobel laureates and other distinguished scientists. Their programs include dialogue with distinguished scientists pioneering the frontiers of knowledge; exchanges among the participants themselves, who live under the same roof for one week; and cultural lectures and activities.
- Domestic Call for Applications for the 8th HOPE Meeting was posted.
- Outline and Organizing Committee of the 8th HOPE Meeting was posted.
- Overview of the 7th HOPE Meeting was posted.
- Lecturers and Organizing Committee / Moderators was posted.
- Program for the 7th HOPE Meeting was posted.
- Outline, Lecturers, and Organizing Committee / Moderators were posted and updated.
- Poster of the 7th HOPE Meeting was posted.
- Domestic Call for Application for the 7th HOPE Meeting was posted.
- Outline and Organizing Committee of the 7th HOPE Meeting was posted.