1. Basic premise
The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science ("JSPS"), collects information from persons using its Official Website ("the Site") in areas that facilitate the smooth operation of services (such as information provision) provided over the Site. Information acquired is handled properly within the "scope of the stated purposes of use."
2. Scope of information acquisition
(2) In the "Feedback/Question" section of "JSPS Monthlys," we ask users to register their e-mail address, and optionally their gender, age range, occupation, and the country they live in.
3. Purposes of use
- (1) The information acquired in 2. (1) is used as a reference in facilitating the smooth operation of services provided via the Site.
- (2) The information collected in 2. (2) is used for reference.
4. Limitations on use and provision of acquired information
Except in cases of legal disclosure requests, cases of illegal access, threats and other unlawful acts or other special reasons, JSPS does not use information acquired for any purposes other than those described in 3., nor does JSPS it provide it to any third party. However, statistical information regarding access to the Site or information on user attributes may be made public.
5. Measures to ensure security
JSPS takes measures necessary to managing the acquired information in a manner that prevents its leakage, loss or destruction.
6. Disclosure of personal information
JSPS does not collect names, birth dates and other information capable of identifying individuals on the Site. Therefore, we do not respond to requests for disclosure of personal information by users.
7. Scope of application