The Bridge Fellowship Program provides former JSPS fellows with an opportunity to revisit their past host institutions in Japan, or to go to Japan to plan or implement joint research projects and seminars, to offer training or lectures for young researchers, or to prepare or attend scientific conferences and research meetings. The results of each BRIDGE visit are recorded in reports prepared by both the visiting researcher/host researcher and the nominating committee of each alumni association. These reports are used to evaluate the visit along with the collaborative relations created, sustained or strengthened through it. Researchers invited to Japan under this fellowship program are called “BRIDGE Fellows.” Based on applications by individual researchers, candidates are recommended to JSPS by JSPS alumni associations and JSPS offices (or the JSPS-designated official in Japanese embassy in countries that do not have a JSPS office).
All fields of the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences are included under this program.
Visit Period and Dates
- A period of from 14 to 30 consecutive days
- Under this recruitment, revisits are to be started during the following period: 1 July 2020 through 31 March 2021
Terms of Award
- A round-trip air ticket (based on JSPS regulations)
- Daily maintenance allowance of \13,000
- Research support allowance of up to JPY 100,000
- Overseas travel insurance coverage
*When the applicant would like to use the research support allowance, the host researcher will need to apply for it through his/her host institution. Please see the rules for the research support allowance in the Program Guidelines for details.