Applications are recruited and screened by alumni associations in coordination with the JSPS office, which recommend candidates to JSPS. To ensure effective screening, researchers should include all required documents with their applications and submit them to the place specified in the application guidelines established by each alumni association in coordination with the JSPS office.
Documents to be submitted to the alumni association/JSPS office
The alumni association/JSPS office screen the submitted applications and send candidate recommendations along with the required documents (sub-paragraphs 1) and 2) below) via the Internet to the address provided by JSPS by the deadlines stipulated in the application guideline.
All paper used in applications should be A4 size. The format prescribed by JSPS should be used for recommendations. The size or format of the forms should NOT be altered by applicants.
- Application documents prepared by applicants (and submitted to the alumni association/JSPS office)
* Applicants should provide the alumni association/JSPS office with any other documents they wish to be submitted.
- a) Application for JSPS BRIDGE Fellowship (Form A)PDF
- b) Agreement by Host Researcher (Form B)PDF
- Recommendation documents prepared by applicant’s alumni association in coordination with the JSPS office
- a) List of Recommendees from BRIDGE Nominating Committee (Form C)PDF
- b) Letters of Recommendation from BRIDGE Nominating Committee (Form D)PDF
- c) Provisions a), b), c) ,d)
Notification of Selection Results by JSPS
- An award letter from JSPS’s president and accompanying documents will be sent to the successful candidates.
Notification date: mid-May
- Unsuccessful candidates are not notified of their selection results.
- JSPS cannot respond to individual requests regarding selection results.