Information for Fellows
Role of Nominating Organizations
A nominating organization under JSPS RONPAKU Program carries out the following functions:
- Procedures after the Fellowship starts
(1) Procedures for RONPAKU fellow’s visit to Japan
- The nominating organization submits a “Visit Plan (to Japan)” to JSPS three months prior to the RONPAKU fellow’s visit.
(The Visit Plan is first prepared by the RONPAKU fellow in consultation with
his/her Japanese advisor and submitted to the nominating organization.)
- Confirming the Visit Plan with the Japanese advisors, JSPS notifies the nominating organization as to whether it accepts the proposed visits. The nominating organization, then notifies each RONPAKU fellow.
- Upon the RONPAKU fellow’s return to his/her country, he/she submits a “Progress Report” to the nominating organization. (RONPAKU fellows are also required to submit the Progress Report to JSPS, their Japanese advisor and their home advisor.)
(2) Procedures for Japanese advisor’s visit to RONPAKU fellow’s country
- JSPS sends the nominating organization the “Visit Plan (to the RONPAKU fellow’s country)” submitted by the Japanese advisor two months prior to his/her visit.
- The nominating organization notifies the RONPAKU fellow of the visit and sends a letter of acceptance to JSPS.
- In case a visa is required to enter the country, the nominating organization prepares the necessary documents, such as an invitation letter, and sends them to JSPS.
The nominating organization conveys necessary information to the RONPAKU fellows.